CLC fball champs
2) Section of newspaper story would appear (no Op-Ed):NEWS FEATURES CULTURE SPORTS
3) What are the most dominant news elements in the story? Explain in-depth:
The football team is from Edina and the players all go to Edina High School which make it an interesting story to the community as well as the High School.
element#2____________Human Interest_____________ Why?News
To make the story more appealing I would personalize it and talk about the work behind the team in the summer and the dedication from Mike Rallis.
4) In a few sentences, describe what the story will be about:
5) Specifically, who will you interview or contact? Why those people?___________Kim Nelson______________ Why? He is the head football coach at Edina and it is important to get his thoughts on being conference champs.
_____________Mike Rallis____________ Why? I would make the story a personal interest story and the story would be centered on Mike Rallis and his dedication to the football team.
____________Andy Bartz_____________ Why? He is friends with Mike Rallis and he also plays on the football team. Andy trained with Mike and can give a different view of what it is like playing football with Mike Rallis.
6) What information do you need to gather before you begin interviews? When was the last time the football team won the Classic Lake Conference title and the last time Edina went undefeated in the regular season.
7) What questions do you definitely need answered in your interviews? Why?
What was the biggest problem the team overcame?
8) What photo opportunities are available to go alongside this story (give names, places, times, etc.)?
A previously taken team photo or possibly a personal picture of Mike Rallis at school or football.
9) Who should a photographer contact to set up photographs?
10) What concerns or problems do you foresee in getting this story together?
Possibly setting up a time that would work to interview, either in class or out of class.
11) Other information?